Retail Pharmacy Program
The Sav-Rx Prescription Drug Plan links most of the largest pharmacy chains into a common and consistent savings program. Through an exclusive agreement with one of the nation's premier drug management organizations, Members can obtain savings of 3 to 30% on drug prices through a national network of approximately 40,000 pharmacies.
Here's How the Retail Pharmacy Program Works:
- Take your Heartland Best Benefits I.D. Card with you to a participating pharmacy. Show your card to the pharmacist.
- The pharmacist will enter the information on your I.D. card into the online computer system, and you will be immediately eligible for the special negotiated price.
- Your actual cost will be the contract price or the pharmacy's usual and customary charge that day, whichever is lower. As an Association Member you will receive savings on many brand name and generic prescription drugs.
|Some major chain participants include:|
|... plus thousands of independent locations.|
Note: This Prescription Drug Plan cannot be used in conjunction with any other discount program.
Mail Order Pharmacy Service
An important part of the Sav-Rx Prescription Drug Program is the mail services option. You can use the mail order service anytime, but it is most convenient when ordering medication you take on a regular basis. The mail order service can save you even more money that the retail pharmacy program.
Here's How the Mail Order Service Works:
- The Mail Order Form will provide the address to which you will send
- your Mail Order Form
- a new prescription from your doctor
- pre-payment by check, money order, or credit card.
- Your physician may also fax in a prescription to Sav-Rx.
- All prescriptions are filled in full-size packages of up to a 100-day supply. Please contact Sav-RX for full information on the package size and pricing for your medication
- It is standard pharmacy practice to substitute generic equivalents for brand name drugs whenever possible, unless your physician will not allow a generic substitute or you specify otherwise.
- If a credit card is used, refills can be ordered by calling Sav-Rx customer service. If a check or money order is used, refills can be ordered with the re-order envelope included with your original order.
- Most regular prescriptions are mailed via first class mail within 24 hours of receipt of your order by Sav-Rx. Please allow 3-6 business days of mailing time after Sav-Rx processes your prescription.
This plan is administered in part by Best Benefits, Inc. 8420 W. Bryn Mawr, Suite 700, Chicago, IL 60631.
Sav-Rx Prescription Drug Program not available in MT and VT.